Thread: Combat Rules
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I have used this very thing several times. Since I have had characters do the following:

Fire a ARMBURST from within a room, and it fried the two other PCs and the firing PC didn't understand why he ended up suffering damage to a lesser degree.

A PC firing from inside a covered fighting position. He could of at least let the guy in his hole know. He didn't the bugger. So they all suffered less severe injuries.

Firing from inside the cabin of a wooden boat. Blew out the windows and left him smoldering and deaf, dazed and confused.

From inside a vehicle. Okay the vehicle had been hit multipe times and was on fire. And the other 2 PCs were gravely wounded, so this is the most understandable as they had little to loose. He did take out the BMP and only caused slightly more damage to himself and the other PCs.

What I do is have them loose initiative determined by the weapon fired and how confined the location. Firing from foxhole with overhead cover will blind you surely and make you deaf for a bit and scortch you depending on the sides so it will be minor other than letting everyone know you are there! Whereas firing from inside a closed concrete bunker with just 1 firing slit, your world will be rocked and the gase and flame have no where to go.

So, the PCs will loose their initiative as a result of the light and sound overload, much like a flashbang, suffering some concussion damage as well.

If they are in an enclosed room or inside a vehicle then they will suffer some burn damage too, this will all be relative to their position to the rear of the rocket, since most rocket backblasts are cone shaped, as for the actual damage, it all depends on the weapon and the confined space, but anywhere from mild burn to being hit with a HAFLA