Thread: Combat Rules
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I got scortched once when selected to fire a LAW rocket, needless to say my trouser leg was chared after the firing. And the section leader of the 51s a freind of mine made note of that.

As for the armburst.

Yes it sends chips out the back that all cool and well, but it doesn't change physics. A round is launched downrange via combustion of some form of rocket right? Where does the heat, gas and flash and fire go in an enclosed space? I have never fired one, never seen one fire, but I do not buy the idea that plastic chips can eliminate all of that, reduce I can beleive but eliminate no. I mean burning gas is burning gas righ?

I have heard that many of the earlier men who used rockets would have to hold their breath because of the fumes from the propellant.

My senior DI a Gunny used to man one of those multi barreled recoiless rocket launchers and I have known a few old timerss who used them too. They said it was like sitting in the middle of an explosion when they would fire their weapon. So, that is something to also consider how much pause does a gunner have to take because the gases disapate and his eyes can focus and his hearing return and he can breathe again?