View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Definitely STALKER/METRO combo would be great. Would you leave it single player or try to get a team together and make it multi-player?
I missed this question due to my typical sporadic visits here but for me, the appeal of getting some like-minded players together for this type of game is very strong. So while I would model the game as single-player achievable, I'd definitely have it open to multi-player co-op along the lines of what Heffe mentioned (although I wouldn't have them spawn too far apart - far enough to be a small challenge to link up but not so far as to make it really difficult and thus less fun/interesting for the players e.g. have them scattered around the outskirts of a town or a battlefield).

There should definitely be some ability to recruit a limited number of NPCs particularly if you have a heavy weapon or vehicle and need crew members (I'm thinking specifically of ARMA with the need to have all crew members present to make a weapon/vehicle fully functional).
I'd certainly choose ARMA as a model for the NPC AI and for the weapon performance - I have good memories of one of the earlier versions, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and being the SAW gunner and when the Team Leader spotted one enemy near a thick clump of bushes, I hosed the area down with the M249 and got two enemy we didn't see.
And also of bad guys sneaking up behind the team to ambush us after they had found our vehicle (when we parked up to observe a missile battery that we had to destroy).