Thread: FM DeCorba
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
Fine. I adress my men, informing them of the decision to become the 1st California Volunteer Assault Brigade. The unit will maintain its established traditions and doctrines.

Really, theres that REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM again. My criticism was aimed at the perception of a conversation that sounded something like: -"I want to make sure everything is completely destroyed and useless, no one shall be able to make use of anything there"
-"OK, your men make it happen" -"OK".
I can see that some misunderstandings can arise from this, I think however the GM interpretation in question came somewhat late, making it smack of "if it fits my storytelling needs, I will make it turn out that way, regardless of the impression previously conveyed to the players"-ism.
HOW DARE YOU????!!!!!!!!!

All I hear is the bitter rant of a man who has lost nearly everything and desperately tries to rationalize it by blaming someone else for his misfortunes.

The impression previously conveyed upon the PLAYER you mean .You decided it was like you imagined it when you said make it happen -but alas -it is always about the way WE imagine it -unless GM vs player imagination collides when it is the GM who has the last word .

You ordered it destroyed ,it was destroyed .Not destroyed enough for you ? Well ,the very men you tasked with blowing it up are conveniently lounging against a wall in your new (but less grand ) headquarters in Eureka .Say the word ,and a detail of marksmen with a promise of double rum rations will swiftly give you satisfaction and set an example for the rest of the troops about carrying out orders absolutely perfectly.

As said before -whatever you outsource to NPCs will be subject to GM discretion /calculatio as far as success goes .

I remember you outsourcing and me saying that it went up with a bang and burned festively .

As far as REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM in my arguments go -that is only true when you assume that your premisses are correct from the outset.

Which CLEARLY they are NOT.

Your men give a luke warm cheer to the news and slouch of to sow new patches on their tunics.

Last edited by headquarters; 03-04-2009 at 07:56 AM.