View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Ei Targan. Your list is amazingly complete! I will take it a closer look this weekend with my group.

In the list, I've seen that each skill depends on more that one attribute. Interesting. What is the way to do a task roll in Gunmaster?
Okay, this is how it works. The three stats listed beside each skill are are averaged. That averaged number becomes that skill's Skill Base (SB). That SB can then be further modified by a Sunsign Bonus (this is basically your Zodiacal sign but in Harnmaster terms because Gunmaster is derived from Harnmaster (we also have a list of what each sunsign relates to in terms of a zodiacal sign)). You could ignore sunsign bonuses if you wanted.

Generally a character can add 1 point to a skill's SB if it is a "family skill" or a skill that they have been exposed to since childhood. The last column for each skill is the SB multiple for that skill when you first open it. So SB x 1, SB x2 etc. That number is ignored if the skill is being opened as an occupational skill. For instance (going from memory here) Rifle skill opens at SB3 if you open it in a non-professional setting but if you are opening it as a result of military training it opens at SB4.

The final number that you get by multiplying Skill Base with opening multiple is called your Mastery Level (ML). That is just a % number. So if your SB in Rifle is 15 and you've opened it to SB4 your % chance of hitting a target (without other modifiers) would be 60%. There are lots of things that can boost your chance of success in a skill (taking aim, taking longer on a task so you are taking more care, range, weapon sights, etc).