View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 12:52 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell-fish View Post
Yep, I wrote this in direct response to your comments. I think you're stuck in a mindset that the game can only exist with the Warsaw Pact intact, and the way your complaints read to me, you think that Free League owes it to you to have the Warsaw Pact. I wrote this to show that it's probably not the case. Simple as that.
Free League doesn't owe me a damned thing and I don't expect any company to bow to my will just because I don't agree with them about something.
What I will say though, is that if you take a successful IP then it comes with certain expectations from the earlier audience. They will be looking for a continuation of the story they previously experienced.
One look at the Alien movie franchise will tell you that - for better or for worse, human beings want to stick with things they like and thus they want to see any further development of those things they like, continue to deliver those things they have liked.

As for me being stuck in a certain mindset, yes I am and I offer no apologies for it. My thoughts about the Twilight: 2000 world are that it's about the Cold War blowing up into World War Three and causing the breakdown of nations and societies across the entire planet. From that point on, it is about a small group of people surviving in the ruins of WW3 hoping, in some small way, to fix a broken world or at least a part of it.

So far all that we have seen from Free League is a smallish war in Europe with Poland and Sweden being fought over by NATO and Russia. A global, apocalyptic war, this does not make.
There does not appear to be anything that creates the feel that the whole world has broken down.
Just as there does not appear to be any logical cause for this effect to take place.

One of the simplest ways to achieve this within the Twilight: 2000 lore, is for the Cold War to continue and a global war occurring due to conflict within the power blocs of NATO & the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union & China.