View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
Marc
I agree with you but I think that what is described on the "Pesta Negra" is relevant to some extend. At the time, mankind didn't know anything on it, they had no way to act really. It is estimated that it killed an average of 50% of the European population (some are saying 80% for France or Spain). 20% for the world.
As a result, you had civil disorder, economical crisis, health crisis of course, blind killings (Jews for exemple), power switching... In addition, this was followed or linked to a general drop of global temperature, disruption of food production and widespread hunger. Strangely, I found that very similar of what would be the situation after a nuclear war and, therefore, I find it interesting in order to imagine what could happen.
Ok, I understand you. And I would agree with you in the analogies between the two cases if the nuclear exchange was limited to a certain degree. In the other case, a full nuclear conflict, I see too many unpredictable and unknown variables entering in equation. Ei! And I'm not being objective, Mo! I'm still under the "Threads" effect.

Quote:
As for you I don't think of T2K as being entirely realistic but I like to make my games plausible.
I totally agree with you. As a GM, I think that once you have decided that you will depart from a certain background, you must build your world/campaign accordingly. Being realistic is not as important as being plausible
Quote:
By the way, do you know of a site where I could find "Operation Ganymed" in some other language than German.
I'm trying to get it, but without success, for the moment. I've only managed some links to download it in Spanish or German. It seems it has not been translated to French or Portuguese. But it's strange that we've been unable to find a link for the English version.