View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mariner View Post
I notice your weight for the M10 is 2.83kg while TM 1-1 lists 2.84kg which equates to exactly the error margin (0.01kg) I'm getting for this specific loadout. I'm curious where the 2.83 figure originates, every source I've found thus far lists 2.84. (I discounted the 13th magazine)

I know it's only a hundredth but if I can't get the numbers to come out correctly using given data (TM 1-1 loadouts) then I can't have much confidence in new figures I generate.

Any updates for USGI munitions and ordinance, such as the M6A1, would be appreciated. Most of my Army TM Data Sheets are from the mid-80s and 90s which will work for the first 2 updates but not the last
0.01 Kg is well within acceptable error limits.

For 2.83 Kg for the M10 9mm I'm using Kevin Dockery's Special Warfare Special Weapons book. Now if you look at his The Armory Vol 1 he has it listed as 2.84 Kg, which this book was done around the same time as TMP was being published. I will be digging into my library of 1970's Jane's books, but I need to get them out of storage.

I believe that the M9A1 BZ grenade might be light for weight. But that is a very hard grenade to find information on. I'm basing my assumption on just looking at the M6/A1, M7/A1/A2/A3 and the M8 smoke grenades. They are all a bit heavier in the A1 configuration than there initial versions. Looking around the closest that I could find has a Yugosolvian BRS M79 AG-2 grenade which in the 2 reports I found, is 0.45 Kg, so maybe the M9A1 could be right.

Last edited by nuke11; 06-19-2019 at 05:09 PM.