View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 AM

Concerning the fleet, I have to agree that there is more ships available then what was reported. Perhaps they simply meant no longer combat operational and not destroyed. I think the lot of the examples in this report has shown that ships are being discovered, repaired and/or refueled. One good example was the missile destroyer that ran aground and now was protecting the oil facility in Iran.

What I am curious about is how the materials being recovered and produced in Iran and Africa will get back to the US. Are they taking the Pacific route? Wouldn't shipments be passing through Australia since Operation Omega made an agreement of sorts? If we want to consider 2300 history as canon, Australia and the US are partners of sorts. Maybe this help start the ground work on that partnership. What about Hawaii? It wasn't really mentioned what and if anything was salvaged there. 2300 history section does mention that the Japanese had an extensive Merchant Marine that survived. Would Milgov being contracting their assets to ship men and materials back and forth? If it is the Pacific route, how are they transporting through the rest of the US since the West Coast isn't secure.

The East Coast route: Well, going around Africa does seem to bring in the likely hood of more of a chance of Pirate attacks than anything. Wasn't there mention in the report that there was trade with South Africa? If so, the route might be a little more safer than I thought.

How soon will the US be receiving the materials? I think the Reset Book would be essential in getting services back up. It would make getting those power plants quicker in restarting (not having to rewire all the EMP damage as much) Plus, I am sure Princeton would be happy to get more computers for their research.

Anyway, I look forward to more details on see how the world picks itself back up.