View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 AM

Default Can piracy exist in Traveller?

This is a really interesting debate and whilst I have no wish to talk about the specifics, I do have several on topic things to comment on.

1) I'd like to thank Chico and the DC working group for their work and dedication to the game. Their ideas are thought-provoking and interesting and I have enjoyed reading them.
2) Instead of comparing their work to canon, why not read it as one group's take on what might have happened, an alternative history for the alternative history if you will. It certainly doesn't fit with my view of the Twilight Universe (should we start saying IMTU?), but if it makes for a good game for anyone, who cares?
3) We can argue logistics and semantics all day and bring up whatever figures we like, but no one is going to convince the other that they ae wrong and that's because both sides are right. We are debating a speculative timeline to speculative fiction, it's more nebulous than debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
4) Maybe we should have an IMTU (In my Twilight Universe) thread where people can share and enjoy the idiosincracies of other people's gaming worlds.
5) In my opinion, fun and a good game trumps reality every time. Go with what's most fun for you and don't sweat the other details.