View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

As I am not a member of the DC group the following might be inaccurate. Any DC group member please feel free to correct me.

Edit:Just saw while I was typing fightingflamingo posted but I am going to post anyway

My understanding as an informed outsider is that the end result of the war gaming will be very similar to the canon results in a strategic sense. I believe the game itself will be used to flesh out unit histories. Who fought where? What units were in conflict with each other? Who was the first NATO unit across the Vistula? Stuff like that.

IMO the wargaming will have to be shelved at some point between 1998-99 time wise as the rules will break down at that point.

As far as running it multiple times, the game itself is immense and time consuming. When I played in highschool we had to build a 6x12 foot (2x4M) table we could stand on to get the 4 theaters running. THe DC group is running 6+ theaters and given China's involvement and full mobilization or most forces I expect they will have 3 times the units I had to deal with. We had 5 players per side (Force Commander and Theater commanders) and it still probably took us 20 hours to complete under 6 months of Game time. A large portion of the time was setup and luckily we had a dedicated room in the basement where we leave things be. With out that option, and given the detailed notes I expect them to take, multiple runs would certainly be time very time consuming.

Last edited by kato13; 02-05-2010 at 08:55 PM.