View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
@ADM Lee:

Interesting. If I'm understanding you correctly, the Army and Corps commands have to have good contacts within the regions in which their subordinate units are operating.

So for example, the force in the continental USA that is most effective appears to be the 5th US Army, with two corps intact though considerably reduced in strength, controlling the Mississippi from southern Illinois to Louisiana. According to what you're saying, they have been effective in having good relations with the communities along that stretch. Possibly a good example of this would be in Airlords of the Ozarks where, at considerable risk, one of those Corps deploys divisions to deal with the New American cell there that is raiding and conquering various communities.

The reason I'm posing this question is to get deeper into how the conflict between Milgov's forces and the New American cell in Idaho as well as Cascadia works, as well as how effective Cascadia and New America are as opponents for them.

I'm also trying to figure out where to place corps and army HQs.

There remain:

5th US Army -
- 90th US Corps -
- 122nd US Corps -

6th US Army -
-63rd Corps -

9th US Army -
- 8th US Corps -
Had you imagined some idea of where their headquarters would be?
I feel the Army HQs would be much further away from the main action than Corps HQs would be. Armies are more of a Regional thing while Corps are fluid. This is my feelings on this.

5th US Army - Fort Chaffee, AR
- 90th US Corps -Fort Sill, OK
- 122nd US Corps - Minden, LA

6th US Army -McClellan AFB or Presidio
-63rd Corps -Fort Hunter Liggett
-89th Corps - Fresno, CA

9th US Army -Fort Lewis, Wa or Fort Wainwright, AK
- 8th US Corps -Fort Lawton or Bellingham, WA
- 10th US Corps - Fort Wainwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
One of the things I was slightly miffed about in the books - NO equipment, organization, or equipment lists for higher HQs. There are considerable combat forces falling directly under Army or Corps control like artillery brigades, SAMs, combat engineers, helicopter units, recon elements, and even combat units - like Guard Tank Brigades or elite breakthrough or Special Forces formations.
I started addressing some of this in my own personal orbat. The orbat is a work in progress although I havent updated it in a couple of years. The timeline is modified and doesnt take into account the newer sourcebooks. My feelings were corps formed later in the timeline would have less and less support units. For example V Corps aviation brigade had 2 aviation groups with 3-4 battalions a piece. While LXIII Corps is lucky to have a Corps Aviation Battalion imo.