View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned

As for radios - well thats not a problem since they have tanks and other vehicles they can get them out of - and if it means that the US Army gets some new tanks I think they wouldnt have much trouble jury rigging a radio to get it to work inside their new tank - i.e. per canon the US Army is accepting anything with armor and a gun as a tank

I would say two Shermans, a Centurion Mk13, and a couple of M60's would definitely qualify as such

As for the specialized metric equipment - he was rebuilding British, German and other equipment - I have a feeling if he rebuilt them from the ground up that he has a full selection of metric tools and other items to support the tank - you really need to read up on what he had there - you keep equating this with a guy working on tanks in his spare time or some truck repair yard - not even close to the capabilities of what he had there - and he was a lot more than just some mechanic - he took tanks that were absolute wrecks and rebuilt them to as delivered condition - in some cases to better than new condition - and considering the state of equipment by early 2001 his tanks were probably in better condition than what the army had

As for ammo - you dont have tanks with live barrels and not have anything to fire out of them - most likely he had ammo on hand as well - he paid the fee for keeping the barrel live - not much use in that if you dont have anything to fire from it

And by the way the Collection was at least 40 miles away from any target you mentioned on your list - meaning that it wasnt nuked.

Last edited by Olefin; 03-28-2018 at 11:55 PM.