Thread: Twilight 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:08 AM

Perhaps I didn't explain my point very clearly in my previous post. My bad.

I'm not arguing that .454 Casull isn't a great round, it is a great round, a real man stopper. Same with .44 Magnum, .44 Automag, hell .50 AE. All great. What I was saying is that in a Twilight-type environment as a GM I'd want a pretty solid explanation from a player as to how their character was managing to pack that kind of weapon and where they are getting their ammo from. I don't know the details of your campaign Gabe so for all I know it is in a setting where those sorts of weapons and ammo are common.

Another reason I find it unusual is that you've just started the campaign. I ran a campaign of T2K for nealy 10 years (9 months game time) and the characters did end up ammassing a cache of interesting goodies. Just sounds like you have a very lenient GM. Once again, it comes down to campaign style and taste. If you and your fellow players prefer playing in a campaign where you have immediate access to hard core (and rare) firepower then good for you. Its all about enjoying the game right?