View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
How so? Again please forgive me I am a Morrow newb...

But I thought that game is about the fight to recover....not the ultimate failure and desolation of never being able to improve your standing.
Morrow is about recovery, but the initial knock back is much harder than what is presented in T2k. Subsequent actions by the major bad players further retard technological development.

After the war you have a 95-99% population loss in most areas. The first decades of recovery were a nightmare where regions would have to make very hard choices about what skills needed to be maintained and nurtured.

So 20 years down the line when the first post war generation is entering the workforce, what do you chose to teach them. Raw materials are coming in at a trickle. Wide ranging trade networks have not been established. Paper books are getting worn out with no way to replace them.

I think the greatest loss of "know how" occurs during this time. I would say the average tech level would be early/mid 1800s. Yes you might have pockets that do much better in one technological area.

So you have a couple of million people spread out across this wide nation, with some pretty bad folks (KFS and Krell) with higher technology trying to knock civilization back a bit further so they can maintain their advantage.

IMO The theme of Morrow is you are coming in and trying to push things forward which have generally stagnated for 120 or so years. If you wake up with 1980s technology and the world is generally in the 1950s you don't have the same effect as if they used 1850s technology.

I think people here will be happy to discuss any questions you may have on Morrow, but I highly recommend picking up both the old and new stuff.