View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 AM

Default G-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW0306
you cant use a G-3 in close combat?? so the Rhodesian defense forces and the indian army to name a few have never won battles doing this..the FN Fal battle rifle never used....once again 93 studios lack of weapons use or employment...

I just finished foriegn weapons instructor course at Quantico Virginia..I dont know anything......

and this is from me not the DC group My opions are mine alone unless publised in a book from our group...
That maybe so law ,but ease up man..

G-3 or AG-3 as we call it is not THAT unwieldy imho.

It is the standard weapon for our forces so far ( although we are changing to HK 416 in 5.56) .

It is a fair all round weapon as I see it -obviously better suited for longer ranges than the extreme close ups .But have done plenty entry drills with it-getting quick shots (pun ) is not that hard .

I guess I would prefer a 5.56 carbine but I could make do with a AG-3 .As for pistols-well I guess some people have the nescessary training to effectively employ these in combat but as a general rule they are better for other purposes than outright battle.

all imho -h for humble as usual .

Otherwise - I am all for the ceasefire message someone posted or better yet - peace guys!

We are here to discuss our hobby and for the love of the game -and we have other threads for discussions that cross the border to other topics .I suggest maybe a firearms thread or a rules vs real life thread for discussions that venture into this?

Anyhow -the people at T2013 should have noticed that the boards are generally positive to the new installment.

As for stats and rules etc -they are all there to try and simulate the variations that might occur in combat as far as the game goes -not as far as actual combat goes.I got plenty of issues with the rules (v.2.0 preferred ) and the game etc myself -so out with the pen and paper and voila -amended version w/ house rules ready for beta testing .So far we have amended the melee rules ,the aerial combat rules,the damage rules,the combat rules ,added new skills like systems operator and quickdraw , rules for taking drugs ,having psycological problems and stress disorders,boating and waterborne combat ,ground vehicle use etc etc

Last edited by headquarters; 12-01-2008 at 02:47 AM.