Thread: Twilight 2025
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 09:14 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-117 View Post
For those who have contemplated or run Twilight 20xx games set in 2025/2030, how will this attack on Ukraine inform your future campaigns? Will you gloss over the major issues Russia has had with wartime logistics or will those be incorporated in those settings?
That is a tough one, considering things are changing on the ground every day, and many feel anxiety over nuclear sabre rattling.

However, the proliferation of anti-tank and anti-aircraft missles has obviously changed the battlefield; it looks like some Russian trucks may have been hit with Javelins,.suggesting the Ukrainian have large stocks.

Drones are a part of Ukrianian defenses, but that is something I know very little about. Recovering a downed enemy drone seems like a decent plot hook.

Cyber warfare is another area I just know very little about, but both sides in this conflict seem to have the capicity to launch attacks on one another.

Breached nuclear power plants could make parts of Europe unlivable. Ugh. Such plants could be targeted by conventional forces, which is a nightmare.

Fantasy scenarios (for now)

Russian Civil War.

Ukraine has a couple of nukes they secretly held back.

Full-scale proxy war between NATO and Russia in Ukraine/Baltic States. Maybe Merc; 2024?

Like I said, it is tough to imagine where this nightmare may lead.