View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelrir View Post
A couple more points:
  • What happened to "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Mission"?
  • It would take a bold referee/PD indeed to role-play a group of people who are all far more intelligent and skilled than any player-character; AND require the player-characters to try and convince these Wise Ones of anything.*

--
Michael B.

* Without it sounding like, "Okay, you rolled well, so you talk to Mr. Hawking for a few hours, and convince him of the virtue and correctness of the Morrow Project concept."
I stated from my perspective I would use them as Non Player Characters (NPCs) and build the PCs mission around them.

Whether that is to take them to Prime Base or Raven Rock. Have them wake up in a MP Regional base that was looted and burned by Warriors of Krell. (except the hidden non MP cryosleep bay).

The Team a combined Science / MARS is intended to safeguard these people and transition them assisting to the Morrow Project, the U.S. Government (FEMA), or return to academia.

If they don't want to......... Well they don't have to. The Morrow Project is the good guys. I don't see the Morrow Project squandering a resource like people with multiple PHDs or highest honors in their career fields.

It is at once unethical and at the same time holding the moral and ethical high ground.

You are saving them to save civilization.