View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
IMHO - I think the whole global warming shit is just bullshit - it's all invented by AL GORE - and the other moey hungry bankers of the current staff of Obama,.,,,,a tad political I know but after I saw "the Obama Deception" I must admit I was convinced.
You're kidding right?

You can disbelieve it all you like but that disbelief is going to be hard to maintain by the time you are an old man. You'll either have to learn to swim well or move to higher ground.

I understood the mechanisms behind global warming when I was in primary school. Take a look at Venus in the night sky. Notice how it is so bright? That is because it is covered in CO2 cloud. The surface temperature of Venus is higher than the melting point of lead. And that isn't because of Venus' closeness to the sun, it is because of runaway greenhouse effect, caused by all that CO2 in Venus' atmosphere.

The alternative to accepting the truth when it is put in front of you is to close your eyes, cover your ears and yell "la la la" really loud.

Edit: Ah look man, that was harsher on my part than you deserve. I apologise. I don't want to be part of starting some intense political debate that gets everyone all riled up and ultimately does none of us any good. I'll chalk this one up to my ongoing journey of learning to be more accepting of opinions that do not coincide with my own.

Last edited by Targan; 09-14-2009 at 10:38 PM.