View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Banned

There is no way that Mexico would have taken Soviet equipment before the war started with the US - that would have led to the US, who was at war with the Soviets, being much better prepared for war with Mexico, even most likely to the point of a pre-emptive strike against Mexico.

After Mexico invades the US thats one thing - but beforehand wouldnt have happened

Besides if you look at their army if they had gotten more equipment from anyone it would have been France - most of their APC's were French for instance as were their armored cars - and the Mexican logistics system was bad enough as is to incorporate material from another country's design practices and spare parts as well

Plus keep in mind that Mexico wasnt planning for war with the US - the war was very much a come as you are war - if you look at the Challenge Magazine article on the Mexican invasion you can tell that it was close to impromptu - i.e. lots of reinforcing units werent even in position yet when the invasion happened

plus by mid 1998 most of the US heavy armor is either in Europe, Iran or Korea - what they faced was mostly light infantry and security units - which is why they got as far as they did - basically Soviet Division Cuba stopped the 49th and saved their position in Texas and the 40th only had a grab bag of armor and that was enough to stop them in CA - its why I said that the chances of them holding onto the American Southwest, or at least as much as 2300AD said they did is nil

as in nada, zilch, zero

however holding onto a smaller area might be possible - but there is no way the US just sits there and lets them keep half of CA, over half of AZ and NM and all of Texas - sorry but that is completo sin sentido - i.e. complete nonsense - and the fact the the US controls the water is the big factor - I have a feeling the original authors never took the time to research that fact

Last edited by Olefin; 10-13-2017 at 12:16 PM.