Thread: Almost TPK
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
That's where the tick system from TWL2013 system made more sense.
Yes. I rather like the T2K13 system. Someone with a 1911 or Glock 17 *should* be able to get several shots off before someone with an M240 can even get the weapon on target.

And they'd better hope they put the machinegunner down before he gets a burst off.

It irks me when games make swinging a battleaxe take just as long as slashing with a dagger. I understand why they do it, but IMO it merely encourages players to take the biggest, most powerful weapons. If you can get off the same number of shots, with the same chance of hitting (due to taking the time to aim), with an M9 as you can with a 30mm autocannon, there's very little reason to take anything other than the autocannon (because let's face it, most gaming groups stick to the "FFS, just be reasonable" method of dealing with encumbrance, rather than taking the time to calculate the weight of each round, magazine, belt, etc. Except maybe first edition T2K players...). Not that I blame them, mind you. I don't want to take the time to crunch the numbers as a player or a GM. I've been playing a game in a setting that the GM cooked up using Fantasy Flight's Star Wars system, and the guy in our group that throws daggers as his primary attack and is agile and fast gets to act just as many times as the robot that's roughly the size of a Volkswagen beetle and uses a heavy machinegun. They can move the same amount, too.