View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:28 PM

Default OT: Seriously????

At first I thought this was a joke, then discovered....yes, the conspiracy theorists have REALLY lost it this time, and it seems they now have friends...

The Governor of Texas has instructed the Texas State Guard (which I find confusing....don't they already have the National Guard??) to monitor the U.S. Army as they conduct a military training exercise code named Jade Helm 15 involving Special Operations forces to "safeguard civil liberties" and monitor for any signs of a possible "military takeover or invasion".

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...takeover.html/

It admittedly does have a bit of a "Milgov vs. CivGov" feel to it, but this is real life, not a game.

I really can't wrap my mind around this level of stupidity, ignorance and paranoia some Americans, particularly the conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones among them, have sunk to. I'm sorry, I can't. Can any of our fellow board members in Texas shed some light on this?
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake