View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral View Post
whereas having the Texas State Guard monitor the federal troops in Texas only really makes sense if Austin believes Washington is up to no good in Texas.
Or they believe that Washington, at some point, has the potential to be up to no good (an attitude i expect the Founding Fathers would be proud of). They may look at this as an ounce of prevention reminding DC that Texas would be a hard pill to swallow.

Look I don't fully understand the Texas ethos, but they are different and this ruffles their feathers. I also realize that there is also clearly some political appeasement of some core group of voters, but as long as they are following the rules I have no issue with it.

Heck if the federal forces ever put the techniques of Jade Helm into action internationally (as is the stated overall mission), they might have UN, Russian, Chinese, or other forces monitoring them, so in a way it makes the training more realistic.

Edit.

I should make it clear that I am not a supporter of the Black Helicopter crowd. When I see a flight of helicopters my first thought is "Neat!", not "What are they up to?". Today for example I saw something with a totally different sound from a helicopter over Lake Michigan and was really hoping I might get my first in person glimpse of a M/CV-22. Did not see it long or close enough to identify, but it was certainly more interesting to me than concerning.

Last edited by kato13; 04-30-2015 at 07:13 PM.