View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
And stand at parade rest when conversing with Sergeants who outrank you -- you'll make a good impression that way, since most other countries don't do it.

The First Sergeant is the top NCO in a Company -- thus, the "First" Sergeant. Always address one as First Sergeant -- no better way to set a First Sergeant on a high boil than addressing him as simply "Sergeant." (He has three chevrons over three rockers and a diamond in the middle.) The same goes for the Sergeant Major, who has a star in the middle of the chevrons and rockers. Unless someone of higher rank is present, call to the area "At Ease!" and go to Parade Rest when the First Sergeant or Sergeant Major come into the area -- that'll impress them too, since again most countries don't do it.
Good to know, it a Muilt-National Exercise that I'm going on US CAN UK AU, and NZ Troops, so it will be interesting to see what we are told when we arrive. I will be in the rear with the gear so I don't see many US First Sergeant or Sergeant Major coming into my office and I will be sharing with a Captain, so........

I wonder how US army mess hall food theses days