Thread: War Dogs...
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post
No but that should be interesting. Moreover, dogs could be useful not only for combat. I can easily imagine a character coming from some rescue service and still having his rescue dog with him. What could be interesting also is that some dogs can prove as dangerous for the target as for the owner (Doberman, pit fighting dogs...).

From what I know the german were using mostly Belgian shepperd Dog (Malinois) as guard dog.
Some years ago I owned two Beaucerons (French shorthaired sheeperd) and they were terrific as guard dogs but you had to go with some rules as they could become higly dangerous dogs. In wars, these dogs had been used as messengers, supply carriers, mine detection (I didn't know that one) and rescue.
Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds are very impressive and were both used for war.

Actually, animals could be interesting in many ways (outside ending up as dish) and they are largely undercovered by T2K (IMO). After all, Rome was saved by its sacred geese.
My character now has some scabby dogs in his throne room hehe...

apart from that I must say that allmost every dog can be dangerous, I have a Doberman myself and she is a very non-aggresive dog...(as long as you don't try to break in my apartment) ...the stigma some dog-races get is not allways right (usually not)...IMHO it's the owner that makes his dog dangerous...I've seen it loads of times...I actualle got attacked by a German Shepperd in my shop.
-the owner managed to utter the following words:

That's the first time that's happened in a shop...

---I was speechless.....

on a side note in Nigeria the Loansharks use Hyenas ....