View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 03:48 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

March 27, 1998

Nothing in canon for the day. Unofficially,

The last large fire in Tampa still blazing after the nuclear strikes on Thanksgiving Day burns out, not due to any firefighting effort but from lack of fuel to burn. McDill Air Force Base continues to burn.

In Alaska, the roadblock inserted by the 10th Mountain (my 11th Airborne) Division initially succeeds, yielding several truckloads of Soviet troops and supplies who are unawaare of the American presence in the area. In Yukon, the 13th Guards Air Assault Division and 1st Arctic Mechanized Brigade begin capturing territory, advancing to within 50 km of Whitehorse.

The first resupply train reaches the rear area of the 16th Army, bringing with it fresh recruits (a mix of green students and reservists over 35), several boxcars of 122mm howitzer ammunition, manufactured in 1945 and found in semi-abandoned warehouses in Siberia, two dozen T-62s and 50 GAZ-131 trucks from collective farms in the Krasnodar region.

There are changes in the command structure of the Saudi Army following the ascension of King Badr to the throne. The King's half-brother Abdul is named Minsiter of Defense and nearly all of the brigade commanders in the Army are replaced, either by ambitious officers several years their juniors or colonels from the bloated Saudi National Guard headquarters apparatus.

Captain Christiansen of the replica USS Constitution obtains a small fortune in diamonds.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...