Thread: POW Camps
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Mmmmm...Strangely I must recognize that this is one of those threads were the opinions seems too much coldly logical. I understand that all the options here posted are possible. But I’m pretty sure that the first reaction would be a massacre of an important portion of the POW’s. Improvised, passionated and chaotical acts of violence that will vary from one place or another. At the very first moment, logical and reason would only appear ocasionnaly. Here and there, individual personalities in the local/guard side and in the POW side will make the difference, for the better or for the worse. I can see surreal scenes in communities where some people stepped in to stop their fellow neighbours or guards to conduct a slaughter. Some communies would be so traumatized by the recent events that pehaps they simply would ignore the POW’s. Perhaps everything could change in a few hours or days. But, for the most part, the damage would have been done. Things like logical thought, reason, plannification and recognized authority would come latter. Perhaps too late for a good number of the POW’s. Terrible, non-prepared and illogical slaughters have been perpetrated through history by facts much more meaningless.

Last edited by Marc; 06-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.