View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

[QUOTE=dragoon500ly;26765][QUOTE]Spoke 1 (Food, Personal Demand & Sundry Items): This spoke contains enough food to feed 3000 people for three to six months (depending on rationing), along with enough HCP 1 & 2 to provide for all health and comfort needs of 3000 people for six months.
Quote:

Started to crunch a few numbers and came across a couple of items...Spoke 1 is supposed to provide enough food to support 3,000 people for 3-6 months. Assuming that you provide MREs/HDR style food, that's 1.5kg per person, per day...soooo (evil grin), the daily requirements would by 4,500kg, for 90 days of supply, that's 405,000kg, just in MRE/HDRs, 180 days supply moves up to 810,000kg or 20 standard cargo containers! Assuming that you provide bulk foodstuffs, the requirements get worse, that's 2kg per person per day (6,000kg) with a 180 day supply running or 1,080,000kg; that's 27 standard cargo containers....

Staying with just 8 standard cargo containers, as broken down in your first post, one container (MRE/HDR)would hold 26,667 person-days or a food supply for 148 people for 180 days. Moving to bulk food leaves up with 20,000 person-days or a supply for 111 people for 180 days. You will notice that this is based on max capacity of the container with just food.

Now this is not meant as a flame!!!! I think that you have an intresting solution that is simply not covered in the canon material. Just how can you help the local population when a standard supply cache is a 4'x4' concrete cube, that also has to hold team resupply? It ain't going to happen!

True... i was thinking of the food being t-rations and the like instead of MREs/HDRs. but if we can't hold that much in a single spoke, might have to have a series of 'stars' for the supply cache. it's alot to think about, and thanks for the math. I'll be thinking about this and figure something out (or hopefully someone can help as well).

From Paul's site describing them...

T-Rations: In bivouac, the normal ration is A/C/A, or hot breakfast, MRE lunch, and hot dinner. This requires the mess section to cook twice daily, and keeping food fresh and restocked presents logistical problems. The T-Ration is a pre-prepared meal kit consisting of sealed metal trays of entrees and side dishes such as meat, scrambled eggs, lasagna, etc., and items like canned fruit and vegetables, designed to feed multiple (18) soldiers per tray. They are heated by boiling the trays in water for a specific time. This system lessens mess personnel staffing requirements and eases preparation. There are 7 breakfast and 14 lunch/dinner menus. A module also contains various instant beverages, nondairy creamers, hot sauce, jelly, Styrofoam cups, cardboard plates, and utensils. The T-Rations are normally supplemented with irradiated, individually wrapped bread slices, UHT Milk (both provided with the modules), and locally procured salad (which became harder to get as the war wore on). Required intake is 2kg per day. The T-Rations are designed to last a minimum of 3 years under poor conditions, and if kept carefully, can last much longer. A can opener is required to open the tins. Weight: (single module) 42 kg, (pallet of 24 modules) 1010 kg; Price: (single module) $215, (pallet) $4125 (S/R)
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.