View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM

In my MP games, I have the Project start up in 1952, with the first times frozen around 1963. My thoughts are that the 10-year difference was used to develop the scentific theory and get prototypes built and tested. Not mention come up with ideas for the cache/supply base systems.

It also places the initial start up date, right in the middle of the Cold War build-a-bomb-shelter-everywhere craze. Another great trick to camouflage the digging/building!

As far as the recruiting, I've always felt that the Project would recruit roughly 250 people a year, then as the team members were being frozen, a rash of accidents of various types claiming their lives to cover thier disapperance. Morrow Industries would almost have to have connections with insurance companies, not to mention having fingers into various Fed, State, County, and City law enforcement...and they just might have some of their people serving as medical examiners...after all, if the ME rules that the cause of death is natural, or consist with injuries sustained in an industrial accident, kind of shorts the ability of the cops to investigate, right?

The problem, especially if the PD allows the game to have a later start date for TEOTWAWKI...our information-based life-style. All it would take is some hacker, some where to start pulling deaths of employees belonging to Morrow Industries subsidaries, and then turning the information to some journalist hack with a personal agenda....

Talk about a major shuffle of companies, closing companies due to law suits, creating new companies, shuffling MEs so the same name/face doesn't show on too many death certificates...

Yup, I think you can safely say that Bruce Morrow and the Council of Tomorrow had to have some truely devious minds....