Thread: Convoy's!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

[QUOTE][ say move the shipments randomly, gun trucks, ultralights flying ahead as scouts mounted on the trailers using the moving truck as a launch platform and some sort of bulldozer lead truck to clear roadblocks.
/QUOTE]

The use if ultralight might be kinda hard given the need for suitable take off and landing zones., not to meation you have to train personel to fly it and need suport staff for it in convoy

I think it's easier to have a recon element in each convoy, say a two or three man team on motorcycles or on foot, they scout head and radio back.

I think a TW 2000 convoy would like this

Recon Team
Forward Security Element
Frist Packet (cargo)
Second Packet (Personel)
Command Element
Security (QRF)
Fire Support Element
Thrid Packet (cargo)
Fourth Packet (Recovery)
Rear Security Element
Lay Back Patrol (Ensures the convoy is not being shadowed)

As for vehicles given the nature of TW2000 you can see an type, I could commanders using anything with wheels, for recon team a ford Ford Ranger would attract alot less attention than say Military Hummvee or Jeep

NOTE TO ALL: Current TTP's on convoy operations should not be discussed in this thread (You never know who reads this stuff) Lets keep the troops safe

I wonder if the Taliban play TW2000, things that make you say hmmmm