Thread: Make up an NPC.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
While not exactly an NPC like ARMYSGT. has done (nicely done too), one of PCs wanted to try playing the game but from a different perspective, that of an escaped slave who encounters the project personnel while on the run. She also thought of doing a character with piloting skills. This lead to me thinking as that the escaped slave idea is workable but not using most of the Project skills, survival skills would be more in order here. As for the pilot, the first thing is the KFS pilots, but how would working a Project member with pilot skills is somewhat difficult unless that skill was taken PRIOR to joining the MP. Thoughts are welcomed.
I am not following you here.

You have a player that wants to play as a non-TMP 5th generation survivor? Sure. Skills as appropriate to the tech level the PC grew up in. As a general rule, Tech C and steam power.

An escaped slave as a pilot or a TMP member as a pilot? That is where I am confused. In canon, there are "Ballooners" or there is the KFS. No other groups have been identified as having aircraft.

Now, airplanes are very useful. So I can see someone with Tech B possibly keeping some bush plane or small aircraft flying a few times a year.

The Republic of Texas seems the most logical choice with all the petroleum fuel and helium available.