View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM

I don't have a list, but it would probably work pretty well to use the SAS (and everyone else) 1st Line/2nd Line/3rd Line gear division and then deciding what level of kit the bad guys in question are carrying. A patrol sent out from a larger body is going to have a lot less on them than a group of refugees or stragglers with everything they own slung over their back.

I'd guess most guys or groups would carry some of the following as personal effects:
  • Utility knife/pocket knife/multitool (could be junk or valuable)
  • Some means of fire starting
  • Wet weather gear (pretty universal)
  • Cold weather gear when appropriate/available
  • Figure some sort of hatchet or camp axe per every few guys. Machetes or saws in environments where those are useful at about the same rate.
  • Kit for fishing might be a common part of foraging equipment.
  • Boots are probably a valuable item circa 2000, depending on their quality and such.
  • I'd guess by 2000 sunglasses are a luxury good
  • First aid kit for minor trauma -- band aids, wound cleaning supplies, etc.
  • Booze

I'm pretty into the scavenger economy model in T2K, and think players should be rewarded for being thorough (when possible), but if players start stripping the dead down to their skivvies and taking absolutely everything as a matter of policy, I'd think you should allow them the joys of exposure to blood borne pathogens, lice and fleas and all the diseases they can be vectors for, etc. should be a potential issue.