Thread: CONUS Factions
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
I think that there are some very good points in this thread.

Building on this point, if you have some strong leaders amongst those 15k EPW then saying in your campaign set up that they overpowered and disarmed their guards is quite feasible. They could then easily split into several factions, for example, one that wants to build its sphere of influence in the local area, one that wants to head back to Europe and is therefore working its way eastwards in the vain attempt to find a port with a working ship, and one that has simply turned to banditry.

Certainly very interesting for some factions in a campaign.
I think there would be some successful camp rebellions (which in turn, might lead to massacres of other camp POW populations).

POW camps in Texas and the Southwest might be "liberated" by invading Mexican forces in the June-September 1998 timeframe (then again, a lot of the POWs might have died by then).

I think, in other scenarios, the camp garrisons would just evaporate and desert and the POWs would be able to simply walk away.

But by June of 2000, I doubt there would be many / any intact and operating POW camps in CONUS. Food would be too scarce to bother taking prisoners and taking care of them afterwards (unless the "government" has specific labor needs that can't be filled by native born refugees / Elsies / drafted laborers).

But I do think Stranger in a Strangeland is a great party / scenario idea, and could explain why MilGov is sending the players to Johnson City, KS to deal with a group of Russian marauders that have taken over the town and are terrorizing the country side.