View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
The Republic of Texas is pretty loose and mostly small villages. The Army there is the only large and coherent organization. Lonestar is barely functioning as a State above the village level. All it really has is good Law and Order and the Army to keep the villages safe. The Universities and Oil Industries serve themselves.
I've looked through this module and really doesn't give much information at all about how advanced the Republic is or is not. I certainly never saw it as a group of villages. It has a University that can conduct basic research and sends out fairly large and seemingly well equipped field teams. They have a state government that includes a class of career politicians, so it seems like there are enough resources to support that sort of thing. There are only so many things you can cram into a module of such size (typical of products of the time). Unless there was a 100+ page source book on the State of Lesser Texas those answers aren't answered in canon.

But I always felt that the Republic had to have enough population and industry to support the Army, if only as sub contractors. Someone has to be building diesel engines, making cordite and high explosives, refining POL, machining screws and even casting track segments. Yes a lot of this is done within the Division itself, but unless the Division has a huge number of people who do industrial work there has to be an infrastructure outside the unit doing a large part of this.