View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 AM

Default ALGAE VATS and Eureka situation

I think I should clarify that while you are feared and viewed with scepticism in Eureka ,the people there would rather have you on their side than not .Maybe you ned to prove your new and honourable intentions ? After all the mothers have been using your name to scare children for a decade all over California and PacGov .

After considering the Algae production I have come up with the following stats:

GROWING REQUIREMENTS :
ELECTRICITY / LIGHTING : Algae strain needs carefully worked heating and lighting schedules .WAter must be 100% pollutant free and heated to 20C* and 25C* at variable sdetermined by harvest /growth cycle. Grow-lamps of high intensity must give light 23 hours a day .Deviation from these parameters means that a crop can be ruined .

This means 500kWhrs pr year is needed pr Cubic meter growth fluids.

SPACE : 1 kg algae needs 1 M3 /1 Cubic meter of water heated to correct temperatures.Space must be shielded from pollutants and a stainless steel vat is optimal .1000 KG crop thus needs 1000M3 vats

FERTILIZER : a special nitrate solution must be added at specific intervalls.The solution can be extracted from manure and similar processes.

App. 1 kg fertilizer must be added pr kg of crop

YIELD : The algae strain doubles every 8 weeks under optimal conditions.

CURRENT STOCKPILE OF SEED STRAIN : You have secured transport vials heated ,lighted and fertilized in 2 big crates that have seperate generators to
keep them within parameters.They contain in total 2 KG Algae Strain .

Projected Output
2019 - 8 kg at maximum .
2020 - 512 kg at maximum
2021 - more than 32 000 kg if optimum parameters kept.

Last edited by headquarters; 02-26-2009 at 04:44 AM.