Thread: FARMING in T2K
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 PM

Headquarters: Not sure if this warrants a thread of its own or if it should be bunched with GM RESOUCES thread or not .

Many NPCs or PCs will find that life revolves around agriculture and substinence farming after the shtf. ( shit hit the fan).

Imho most people live like this after an apocalypse in some capacity or they take instead of make what they need .(See marauder - or just hungry or desperate)

Grae: Yes I agree. The first YEAR is going to probably the worst. A lot of die off the first winter from the cold, starvation, and disease. More the second winter for those that didn't get lucky and/or adapt the first crop season.

HQ: So what can you expect from an encounter with a "Stout yeomanry " as they are called in the V.2.0 book .

Grae: This depends on the location of the farm really. In GDW they listed 'isolated' farms in the four hour encounter while moving. Do you realize HOW MANY farms there are in Poland? I finally got a topo map of Poland after the wall came down, and was dumb founded as it looked as if pepper were spread on the map. Granted not all were habitated, but it 1% made it, there were still hundreds aroudn Kalize alone.

I'm going to answer the other questions in a general way for an American farm. (SW Missouri is a good location for this, but as I said it depends on location as to the setups and what you would find.)

Next Post.

Grae