View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Internet Intellectual

POMZ-2
Grenade Class: B
Weight:1 kg
Diameter:
Height:
Effective Range: 0 m (emplaced with trip wires up to 15m)
Fuse Delay: 0 seconds (trip wire activated)
Burst Radius: 15m
DPW: 1299 (.75kg TNT)
Anti-Armor Class: None
Additional Comments:This is the standard fragmentation tripwire activate antipersonnel mine of the Warsaw Pact; the blast scatters fragments (E-Factor 4)throughout the blast radius. Often easy to spot, these are used often to protect wire obstacles, road blocks, and the perimeter of buried mine fields.

Stake mines for antipersonnel missions were developed during World War II by the Soviets and copied from them by the Germans. The Soviet POMZ-2 of that period used an iron fragmentation body (like that of a hand grenade) with six rows offragments, but when the Germans copied the mine they substituted concrete with metal fragments imbedded in it. The Soviet mine used standard components such as the 75-gram bore-hole charge and either the MUV or VPF pull fuze. The mines were normally laid in clusters of at least four mines and were fitted with trip wires. After the war the mine was modified by threading the fuze hole, using the MUV-2 pull fuze,and reducing the rows of fragments from six to five. The modifications resulted in a change in nomenclature to POMZ-2M. The mine is still in the active inventory.
Attached Images

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 12-17-2014 at 04:10 PM.