View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Glad I could help out a bit. Any other questions you have relating to Alaska I'll be glad to offer what I know or what I've discussed with others.

One of my good friends up there belonged to the Alaska National Guard. He was an "old fart" running around doing stuff that was but a shadow of what he used to do. I found out, after a little while, a glimpse of what he used to do when I found a plaque he had. SSgt...his name.... sitting above his name, the badge with the triple lightning bolts and sword of the Green Beret. So he'd done quite a bit in his younger years.

I picked his brain quite a bit on an invasion of Alaska. We didn't deal so much with the logistics of getting the enemy forces OVER to Alaska. It was mainly focused on what they would do once they got here...what they would HAVE to do to stay here and what they should refrain from doing. Taking Juneau (the capital city of Alaska) was one of those things that they should refrain from doing. Isolating and starving it is so much easier to do than taking and holding it.