View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I have always wondered what happened to the DUKWs that are used for tourism in the Wisconsin Dells, in the T2k world. I think there are about 100. I remember during the tour they discussed that they used their own machine shops to manufacture parts as they are difficult to find. This bodes well for their continued operation.

Game wise they might have been commandeered by the 1st Brigade 49th Armored as they would have passed through the dells on their way from Chicago to Fort McCoy. Perhaps they were then used by the division for transport down the Mississippi once the division was directed against the Mexican forces.
You'll find several also in Boston and I'm sure that a number of Russian version (BAV-485, I think) are still running. By the way I just watched the movie "second civil war" yesterday. They had an interesting idea about old type equipments that would be used again (M24 chaffee, M4 Sherman). That was developped in T2K but I would expect to find some of these all over. Not only seep but also jeep, beep, half-track..., the rare Schwimmwagen also

Last edited by Mohoender; 10-24-2008 at 12:49 AM.