View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 AM

Default yes and no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
Isn't this going a little overboard; the new rule would give us another of those silly 10% failure rules - you know even the best pilot in the world would still have a 10% failure rate. In this new case, an Olympic gymnast would still have a 10% chance of tripping over, wearing nothing but a leotard.

I think there should be either a roll against "dexterity" to avoid falling when tripping, or a 0 - 9 M-scale
I wasnt thinking a 10 % chance of fumbling at all times !

Practically equipped PCs wouldnt snag at all in my head - the "fumble roll" should be implemented after tallying up the total load,bulk,armour type and general assessment of this .

Say bulletproof vest and helmet,assault vest ,carbin/weapon ,sidearm and small backpack with a few extras in it - not encumbered -with training you can run about just like that .

level 0 on the scale of fumble -no rolls and can jump around and get down (!)

But say you kick it up a notch

sniper rifle,carbine,sidearms,heavier armour ,big backpack with loads of extras and weight -
level 1 on the scale of fumble -modified agility roll by penalty as well as rolling when making moves like diving for cover,rolling across the ground,crawling etc

and then you get to the antimaterial rifle,smg,carbine,3 sidearms,super heavy armour huge backpack with loads and loads of kit .

level 2 on the fumble.

heavy agility penalty and rolls every time combat is initiated where there are obstacles about -fumble rolls if attempting moves AND when moving around obstacles etc

something like this was my intention -but to "rule-ify it"...hmmmm