View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
In our gaming sessions, it has been basically positive. I use it for "momentary" benefit or penalty during play. Gain surprise on a soldier who knew they were being attacked BUT did not know YOU were there? ADVANTAGE on the next attack. Suppressed by enemy fire BUT not over your CUF score yet (I use TW2K13 Coolness rules)? DISADVANTAGE for that round (only). Making a grappling attack and getting outstanding success? The opponent rolls his escape with DISADVANTAGE. Overall, I like the mechanic very much.

One area where the mechanic CAN complicate things is when using Autofire. Under my house rules, a weapon has a Rate of Fire (hereafter ROF) equal to its cyclic rate/100. So for an AKM (ROF 600), you will be rolling 6 D20s for a burst every Phase/Initiative Step. If the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic is implemented, you are now rolling 12 D20s. This can get out of control and bog down the game.
Sounds like it makes a good addition to the T2k rules.
When I was talking about Advantage/Disadvantage not seeming to make much impact I was talking explicitly about its impact within D&D 5th. It feels like it was created as a way to keep modifiers in the newest version of D&D without actually having any set modifiers.