View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 AM

I'd imagine the US Embassy (and others) would be closed down and staff evacuated when the Soviets got close to Vienna at the absolute latest. If they didn't evacuate I think there's no chance they would be left to go about their business. Best case scenario would see them repatriated to US controlled territory, middle case scenario would be that they were interned, worst case killed. (I think there are various international treaties covering this which stipulate that diplomatic staff should be repatriated to their home country unharmed, but there is obviously no guarantee such treaties would be respected).

Perhaps the DIA managed to infilltrate a couple of German speaking personnel into Vienna some time during 1998 or 1999? (am I right in thinking that the DIA only sets up its own field operations after the Milgov / Civgov split?). If you want something different maybe they recruit a former CIA officer who has sided with Milgov (either from choice or out of expediency)?

Makes sense not to have TOE's for NATO / Pact Divisions - am sure if anyone wanted that info there is a number of sources they could get it from, not least the US Army and Soviet Army Vehicle Guides. Re: your own factions, a TOE would help flesh them out or you could leave for the GM to "customise" to suit their own campaigns. I think either way works to be honest.

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 09-02-2013 at 12:00 PM.