View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell-fish View Post
Thanks for all this work. I came across this in a Google search on Pentomic stuff for my own research, and was happy to see that there's still an active community for T2K - the only RPG that ever got me interested.

I notice you don't have the order of battle for the Californian 49th Infantry Division. If you'll allow me, this is the 1960 OOB. I also have all the active army divisional OOBs around here if you're interested in fleshing it out. Actually, see if this Google book preview works for you. It has nearly all active and reserve-component divisions from 1917-2004, broken down into eras. The book is Infantry Division Components of the US Army by Timothy Aumiller
Hi Hellfish! Thanks for the assistance! I actually already have the 49th Infantry Division's order of battle, but it has unfortunately been left out of the actual posted material! Somehow it got skipped over from the initial .txt to the second .txt to the Word document used to make these PDFs.

I actually have a physical copy of Infantry, Armor/Cavalry, and Artillery Battalions. The issue with the online preview version of Infantry Division Components is it doesn't show the 49th's 1960 order of battle. You'll see them both cited in the citations at the end of the main document. I didn't use the pure Military Museum list for mine because Battalions... has some different combat units. It's substantially the same, though, that's what I started from.

Active units aren't making it on the OOB document because they're fairly well known without accessing any deeper research military then wikipedia, even for that era. The divisions themselves are/will be in the Locations and Equipment part; regular, National Guard, Reserve, and AUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike6 View Post
Impressive work!
Thanks Shrike!

Here's the 49th ID added, thanks to (non-flying) Hell-fish's assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf US Army Reserve & NG Units, 1962 (Twilight 1964) v12.2.pdf (2.09 MB, 149 views)