View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Registered Registrant

Just bought it and had a very quick look through. If you want some more detail on Australian (and possibly New Zealand) units/equipment/etc. I'm quite happy to help. For example, I served in an Aussie armoured recce regiment when they were still equipped with M113 tracks (they have changed to wheeled recce vehicles now - sometime in the mid-2000s I seem to recall)

As an aside and as a bit of colour, the Australian Army had been massively under-equipped with cold weather gear since the 1960s. The official stance was that there wasn't sufficient need for extreme cold weather gear in Australia or in the jungles in which we would most likely be fighting (outside the country), therefore it was not issued.
During the 2000s deployments in Afghanistan, the Aussie SAS borrowed cold weather gear from their US counterparts until they could get appropriate gear supplied from Australia.

I can very well imagine the same scenario happening with winter in Korea and the Aussies borrowing cold weather clothing from their ROK/NZ/UK/US allies until (or if) proper gear was supplied from home.