View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 12:20 AM

That's good info. The biggest hole in my research was exactly which ships were down for major overhauls. Where did you find that info?
Could not the Mk13 had been placed back in service? As I recall, they left the launchers in place and just withdrew the SM-1s.

I really think V2 and 2.2 get things wrong with the fallout from the Coup. I think that makes everyone start going "wait a minute....." with the headlong rush to de-mobilize at least slowing. Once a shooting war broke out in China, things would have gone into overdrive (IMO) to mobilize and the US would have started actually forming new division. By November 1996, all of NATO would have been executing their mobilization plans and getting weapons production geared up to wartime planning.

Russia I think pretty much gets its act together...save the Motherland and all...it worked in 1941 and I think would have worked in 1995. Not that are back at their peak by 1/1997, but they are not a basket case like they were historically either.

I also don't think Clinton would have been elected with Periot not making the run he did historically.