Thread: Prime Base
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
Let me explain my idea in a bit more detail.

The top areas of the base has a sophisticated sensor array. This array transmits its data to a microwave tower off in the distance. That tower re-transmits the data back to a well hidden that is wired to the base. Since the receiver is well hidden it will be difficult for the bad guys to get a good start point to trace the wires.
Is that supposed to be "well hidden antenna"? I am going to assume that it is. Here's the problem.

If your goal is to make tracing the wire difficult, then the wire from the "well hidden antenna" should not be that much harder to find than the wires from the sensors. Remember that the antenna cannot be THAT well hidden if it is still going to function!

And the cost for whatever improvement you have is a whole bunch of radiating sources that are relatively easy to detect and locate, all of which can be crippled by killing the easily identifiable "microwave tower off in the distance". Remember that your antennas are waging a constant war between directionality and size, unless you are putting a pretty big array on all of these they are going to be radiating all over the place. And if you ARE putting big arrays on them, well then stealth won't matter anyway.