View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
See that is part of it....... Everything takes burn damage, if only a flash burn...... but, it is the nasty out then in shearing forces of the vacuum effect.

I was thinking of one set of damage for the explosion..... then more damage, possibly half that of the original DPW, as the atmosphere rushes back in.
So are you proposing a table similar to the RE chart for round composition for the two effects, i.e. ethylene oxide causes X1 then Y1 dpw, ethylene oxide plus aluminum powder does X2 then Y2 dpw, etc.?

This then questions is there a difference in effect for the two blast effects? They happen very quickly one after the other which is why I suggested a single larger value with an implied greater RE for the explosive to simplify the use. If there is difference, how does that manifest in the application of the damage? Something like you are inside an armored vehicle with weapon ports open that spares you from the initial blast, but the sudden pressure changes rupture ear drums and may cause other whole body damage?