View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
In my estimation..... Thermobaric rounds produce three effects in under a second...... burn, blast, and vacuum.

Burn... 1300 to 3000 degrees (exact amount?) So I think burn damage is appropriate.

Blast... the DPW does this. However, the shear (fracturing forces) is greater. There is a specific word for this in regards to explosive that is completely escaping me at the moment. So I was thinking that Thermobaric explosions should be more effective than normal explosives against hardened structures.

then Vacuum...... I don't know how to model this in game...... except to declare NPC dead on the spot.
The effects on personnel is extreme. People nearest the blast point that are not immediately vaporized experience an overpressure in excess of 14 PSI for over a second crushing them to death. A bit further out, burns and ruptured internal organs from the overpressure followed by the partial vacuum from the rarefaction do not kill quickly, but require extensive and expensive medical care to save. Still further they still get burns, but with moderate eye and ear protection and body armor can be spared extensive damage, through they still require medical attention. These effects are for the unenclosed detonation. Not something like the rounds with HEDP warhead in front of the FAE to punch a hole through armor so the FAE detonation can take place inside the tank or structure.