View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 AM

Default thanks for the feedback !

Glad to have opinions and also -if you playtest some of it ,I would be thrilled to hear how it fares.

Good memory .We use D12 instead of the old D6 to make it a bit more dangerous.Yes-we will keep it .The thing about these rules is that the GM needs to keep an exact log of all wounds each PC gets ,and keep tally of status as the sessions unfolds.So a bit more bookkeeping for the GM ,but I find it worth it .Thinking about making a character wound sheet to quickly note results .

The reason is that we collectivly found that max dmg with a pistol should be more than from a melee kick ( V.2.0 rules ) / i.e 6 hp pistol or 10 hp kick .Also the rules need to compensate the "style" in the group ,and keep it a hard game.

Also the PCs tend to be superior in many respects to the NPCs ,and a sense of risk and a real chance of KIAs in the party always adds to the suspense and drama I find,especially when players really care for their PCs that they have had for many seasons of sessions.

Cowardice becomes frequent and valor settles at its correct value .

Before the harder rules were implemented I noticed a lot more full auto storming the enemy positions type thing than now , where the guys are usually argueing about who is supposed to take point.

Anyways -rules are a work in progress . 4 more days to our next FtF - happy camper here ,counting the hours in front of my computer at work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Bona nit!

I like the your system, specially the "critical hit" rule. With the tables provided, not only is a fast and more realistic system, but gives more importance to the characters with medical skills and to the equipment needed to do the related tasks. I use v2.2 system and, though I'm quite satisfied with the rules about wounds and healing, it is true that with the "official" rules, the importance of a quick medical intervention is nearly ignored unless you are treating a character in the "critical zone". It's a good way to boost the role of any character with medical knowledges and to give a sense of "urgence" to the needed medical care of an injury in the field.

For the moment I will keep the "official rules" about wound levels, lost of conciousness, lost of initiative, etc, but adding the critical hits rule, the bleeding rule, the tables and the part of "complications". Mmmm.. I must remember to adjust your task difficult levels to v2.2. Probably in a pair of weeks I will have some feedback about one of our game sessions. I will keep your informed HQ.

BTW: If my memory doesn't fail to me, you used d10 (or d12?) instead of d6 when determining the small arms damage. Will you keep using this rule with the new system?