Thread: POW Camps
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 AM

A couple of thoughts about how I'll be dealing with POW's in my work on the UK.

1. Soviet / Other Warsaw Pact POW's

Pretty much what has already been covered...I have several camps located in the south west of England holding these POW's...during late 1997 / 98 I would propose that most of these camps will cease to exist for a number of reasons, primarily break outs by the prisoners or massacres by the guards (one of the catalysts for such massacres will be the death of the Queen in August 1998). A small number will remain in captivity and carry out what will be effectively slave labour. Of those who successfully escape, the majority will turn marauder, either indepently or in conjunction with British groups.

2. Italian POW's

As the Italians are in combat with the British during the summer of 1997 I think it's reasonable that numbers of Italian soldiers may be taken prisoner by the British Army. As Italy was a NATO ally until very recently I think it's highly probable that there is a considerable number of Italians who are uncomfortable about fighting with the Soviets, and what I will be doing is having what I would call the pro NATO Italians brought back to Catterick in Yorkshire where they would be held as Prisoners but under a relatively relaxed regime.

After the Autumn 98 nuclear attacks on the UK, I have many of these Italian prisoners, many of whom would be officers and NCO's, being recruited into the Territorial units in the North East of England, often as NCO's or junior officers.

(The Pro Pact Italians I have being held in camps in Germany under the same regime as other Warsaw Pact soldiers).